A Meal Before The Show
Looking at it, and after perusing the menu… We loved the restaurant! We believed in it! So, what the hell happened?! From the outside to the inside, we were hooked.
Staff were attentive and soft-spoken. The food choices – tempting. We immediately knew what we wanted.
However, I started to feel suspicious because it took an unusually long time for our food to arrive. When it did, it appeared eyelicious. One by one as we began to eat, the comments came. “This is bland!” “Where is the seafood?!” “Not spicy enough!” The caprese salad sounded delicious, but when it arrived, I was immediately disappointed. There was too much “ca” and not enough “prese.” More balls, please! (By the way, the brussels sprouts, they were to die for. The leaves were perfectly crispy.)
One person liked their meal. How dare she enjoy it in front of us! The nerve! You know who you are! (I am laughing out loud.)
And the macrons… They were out of this world! (Thank you for sharing, dear resident.)
Overall, I demand a redo!
I don’t care how bad the food was because the company made up for it. Sitting at that table, on my birthday, felt so right. The people, the conversations, the laughter, the joy… Memorable, a gift. How lucky was I? How lucky were we? Very, I say!
From day one of being hired, I knew there was something special about Roland Park Place. I can’t say everyday is great because I live in the real world, and no matter where you work – shit happens!
We do a remarkable job. And, as I often like to say, we are a community of caring – of kindness, of listening and loyalty, and always trying to provide our residents with the best of everything – and we do, and that’s my goal every day as the Programs and Special Events Manger.
Resident loyalty in a retirement community is built on trust, human connection, and daily positive experiences. I want all those experiences to be fabulous, and regardless of the food on this trip (and that awkward play – My Favorite Sociopath, which felt forced and mean-spirited, and hypersexualized – Was this a play or a porn movie, but I digress), I know one thing to be certain… We had a good time, and I have the photos to prove it.
Here's to many more interesting adventures with people I enjoy hanging out with, and that I really do love and care about. Thank you.
By the way, I didn’t choose that play or restaurant. I know a few residents who better get their act together before the next season. You know who you are! (I am still laughing out loud.)
How awesome to see all of the plays. We’ll make that happen next season. – paerki
Additional Photos: Shepherdstown


































































































































































































































































