Leadership
Before I
acknowledge our President and CEO Sam Guedouar for his outstanding leadership,
and he is definitely worth the praise, I want to mention something about
leadership through a corporate lens verses an employee’s heart.
Corporate
leadership focuses on efficiency, organizational growth, and metrics. The
counterweight to that is team happiness, making employees feel valued so they
will want to work harder and more efficiently. It’s definitely a complex
conundrum.
I had a
recent work anniversary. I am 4 years happy at Roland Park Place. I take pride
in that accomplishment. It’s been a two-way street for me, as I learned you need
to give to get.
I put much
effort into my job, and the returns have always been great because our
corporate culture is safe and strong. We have fine leadership. Our supervisors,
managers, directors, and VPs work hard and are respected by everyone.
In order for
this to happen you need a CEO who is strong, committed, and able to make swift
decisions, while empowering others to follow his lead. At our workplace we have
that in abundance.
Sam is a
force of nature. At every meeting he is talking about company culture, core
values, and trust. He is in constant motion, empowering all of us to be our
best, giving us tools to grow not just our minds, but our hearts.
We are a
community of caring, and it’s not just about the residents in our community we
care about, but extending that level of mindfulness to our fellow employees,
visitors to our community, and anyone who enters our doors.
These are
the fundamental talking points of our CEO, and it’s not just talking, but
demonstrating through genuine action. On many occasions, I have witnessed him
rolling up his sleeves to pitch in, helping our frontline team. It might sound
cheesy to some, but these are cool moments.
The best
CEOs are highly accessible, empathetic, and visibly engaged with their teams.
That’s our Sam, and he is our CEO, and we are proud of him.
I guess what
I really want to say is I have never worked with a more genuine and transparent
CEO, a leader who truly makes everyone feel valued and heard. Thank you, Sam! –
paerki


































































































































































































































































